flickering screen

David H. Lipman

Sounds like a bad VGA connection and/or the monitor is failing.

--
Dave

| My screen is flickering and the colour lightens when this is happening

Martin

msunderstood said:
My screen is flickering and the colour lightens when this is happening

Have a look at the lead connecting your pc to your monitor.
Are the plugs securely in their sockets?

Martin.

Jim Macklin

To the OP, what type, laptop top LCD, CRT or flat panel LCD?

If an LCD, it may just be the light tube is going bad and
needs to be replaced.

wrote in message
| | > My screen is flickering and the colour lightens when
this is happening

| Have a look at the lead connecting your pc to your
monitor.
| Are the plugs securely in their sockets?
|
| Martin.

1

1411

Martin said:
message

Have a look at the lead connecting your pc to your monitor.
Are the plugs securely in their sockets?

I had that happen to me about 3 years ago. A stupid spacer nut was
not tightened down, but the main screw was tight as could be. Drove
me insane.

David H. Lipman

The screws to hold down the VGA cable should be snugged but *never* tightened. They are
there to restrain the VGA cable from falling off or loosening but if overtightened they can
break. I have serviced numerous monitors where the user created this malady.

--
Dave