Fixing a tricky browser hijack

Brainstormer

I have google set up as my browser home page.
There is a translation program called babylon
that has stolen the link even though I keep changing it back.

I did a full spybot scan and also a quick malwarebytes
scan and it didn't find it. I'm about to do a full malwarebytes
scan.

I did check out the .js file and it had
nothing custom written in it. In fact, it
seems it has nothing but a commented note.

I selected "default" for the Home URL and so it has the Firefox one
in there now, but I'm still having the problem. There are all these
that come up on the first full page of results, so you don't see
any google results until you scroll down.

I also did an msconfig to see if it was starting up and a control alt
delete to see if it was there. I did uninstall it yesterday.

There is a site that describes it but it wants a fee.

Anyone have any ideas?

Char Jackson

[...]

Does anything at this link help you?
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6122_102-0.html?messageID=3006321

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.anti-virus
Subject: Re: Fixing a tricky browser hijack
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:25:11 -0700

Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that from your system. Choose yes
for all options when prompted. Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

Abuse complaint send to ATT/Prodigy, again.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

PCButtface said:
Use my [STOLEN] Remove-it software, it will remove that from your
system. Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.ms- mvp. org/

-
The Real Truth http://pcbutts1 -therealtruth. blogspot.com/
They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
waste your time.
............................................................^^^^^^^

So, you forged Leythos' name, then in your sig told the OP you "do NOT
have the expertise" to help? How amusing is that!!?

FromTheRafters

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
PCButtface said:
Use my [STOLEN] Remove-it software, it will remove that from your
system. Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
http://www.ms- mvp. org/

-
The Real Truth http://pcbutts1 -therealtruth. blogspot.com/
They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not
waste your time.

So, you forged Leythos' name, then in your sig told the OP you "do NOT
have the expertise" to help? How amusing is that!!?

Reminds me of an episode of "Star Trek" with Harcourt Fenton Mudd's
robots.