First try collection class- strange error


M

mp

I copied a sample code and modified name to try collection class
here's the definition (constructor has two args)
I get error saying "Error 1 'MoldParts' does not contain a constructor that
takes '2' arguments "
at the bottom of this post is the line that generates the error (called from
a form)

public class MoldParts : IEnumerable
{
private string[] elements;

MoldParts(string source, char[] delimiters)
{
// Parse the string into tokens:
elements = source.Split(delimiters);
}

// IEnumerable Interface Implementation:
// Declaration of the GetEnumerator() method
// required by IEnumerable
public IEnumerator GetEnumerator()
{
return new TokenEnumerator(this);
}


// Inner class implements IEnumerator interface:
private class TokenEnumerator : IEnumerator
{
private int position = -1;
private MoldParts t;

public TokenEnumerator(MoldParts t)
{
this.t = t;
}

// Declare the MoveNext method required by IEnumerator:
public bool MoveNext()
{
if (position < t.elements.Length - 1)
{
position++;
return true;
}
else
{
return false;
}
}

// Declare the Reset method required by IEnumerator:
public void Reset()
{
position = -1;
}

// Declare the Current property required by IEnumerator:
public object Current
{
get
{
return t.elements[position];
}
}
}
}

//here is the line that creates the error
static void TestCollection()
{
// Testing Tokens by breaking the string into tokens:
MoldParts f = new MoldParts("This is a sample sentence.", new
char[] { ' ', '-' });

foreach (string item in f)
{
System.Console.WriteLine(item);
}
}

what am i missing? it appears to me that the constructor does take two
arguments????

thanks

mark
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Alberto Poblacion

mp said:
public class MoldParts : IEnumerable
{
[...]
MoldParts(string source, char[] delimiters)
[...]
what am i missing? it appears to me that the constructor does take two
arguments????

Try adding "public" to the declaration of the constructor so that it
has the same accessibility as the class.
 
M

Mr. Arnold

mp said:
I copied a sample code and modified name to try collection class
here's the definition (constructor has two args)
I get error saying "Error 1 'MoldParts' does not contain a constructor that
takes '2' arguments "
at the bottom of this post is the line that generates the error (called from
a form)

public class MoldParts : IEnumerable
{
private string[] elements;

MoldParts(string source, char[] delimiters)
{
// Parse the string into tokens:
elements = source.Split(delimiters);
}

Everything is 'Private' unless told otherwise.

Public MoldParts() //constructor
{

}
 
M

mp

Thanks Mr. Arnold and Alberto,
seems the error msg is a bit misleading (to a newbie).
thanks
mark

Mr. Arnold said:
mp said:
I copied a sample code and modified name to try collection class
here's the definition (constructor has two args)
I get error saying "Error 1 'MoldParts' does not contain a constructor
that takes '2' arguments "
at the bottom of this post is the line that generates the error (called
from a form)

public class MoldParts : IEnumerable
{
private string[] elements;

MoldParts(string source, char[] delimiters)
{
// Parse the string into tokens:
elements = source.Split(delimiters);
}

Everything is 'Private' unless told otherwise.

Public MoldParts() //constructor
{

}
 
T

Tanzim Saqib

The best way is to make use of the snippets: ctor

regards => "Tanzim Saqib"
designer => "British Telecom"

Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" (MVP) awardee in ASP.NET
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Saqib


mp said:
Thanks Mr. Arnold and Alberto,
seems the error msg is a bit misleading (to a newbie).
thanks
mark

Mr. Arnold said:
mp said:
I copied a sample code and modified name to try collection class
here's the definition (constructor has two args)
I get error saying "Error 1 'MoldParts' does not contain a constructor
that takes '2' arguments "
at the bottom of this post is the line that generates the error (called
from a form)

public class MoldParts : IEnumerable
{
private string[] elements;

MoldParts(string source, char[] delimiters)
{
// Parse the string into tokens:
elements = source.Split(delimiters);
}

Everything is 'Private' unless told otherwise.

Public MoldParts() //constructor
{

}
 
M

mp

I don't see that in my express version...been searching on google to see if
there are samples to download - no success yet but there are hundreds of
hits to dig through so i'm sure it's out there somewhere..
do you know where I'd find this?
thanks
mark

Tanzim Saqib said:
The best way is to make use of the snippets: ctor

regards => "Tanzim Saqib"
designer => "British Telecom"

Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" (MVP) awardee in ASP.NET
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Saqib


mp said:
Thanks Mr. Arnold and Alberto,
seems the error msg is a bit misleading (to a newbie).
thanks
mark

Mr. Arnold said:
mp wrote:
I copied a sample code and modified name to try collection class
here's the definition (constructor has two args)
I get error saying "Error 1 'MoldParts' does not contain a constructor
that takes '2' arguments "
at the bottom of this post is the line that generates the error (called
from a form)

public class MoldParts : IEnumerable
{
private string[] elements;

MoldParts(string source, char[] delimiters)
{
// Parse the string into tokens:
elements = source.Split(delimiters);
}

Everything is 'Private' unless told otherwise.

Public MoldParts() //constructor
{

}
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

mp

nevermind! Found it in C# express...I had been working on a vb.net project
at the time and it wasn't in vb express.
sorry
mark

mp said:
I don't see that in my express version...been searching on google to see if
there are samples to download - no success yet but there are hundreds of
hits to dig through so i'm sure it's out there somewhere..
do you know where I'd find this?
thanks
mark

Tanzim Saqib said:
The best way is to make use of the snippets: ctor

regards => "Tanzim Saqib"
designer => "British Telecom"

Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" (MVP) awardee in ASP.NET
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Saqib


mp said:
Thanks Mr. Arnold and Alberto,
seems the error msg is a bit misleading (to a newbie).
thanks
mark

mp wrote:
I copied a sample code and modified name to try collection class
here's the definition (constructor has two args)
I get error saying "Error 1 'MoldParts' does not contain a constructor
that takes '2' arguments "
at the bottom of this post is the line that generates the error
(called from a form)

public class MoldParts : IEnumerable
{
private string[] elements;

MoldParts(string source, char[] delimiters)
{
// Parse the string into tokens:
elements = source.Split(delimiters);
}

Everything is 'Private' unless told otherwise.

Public MoldParts() //constructor
{

}
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top