thank you cindy walker

S

Sarah

I use a zone alarm as my firewall and can still use yahoo
messenger and msn, hope that helps.

Sarah

G

Hi Cindy

You can still use Yahoo messenger for IMing your friends. But some services like voice and webcam may not work! To check you can turn on the inbuilt firewall for Internet explorer and try to use yahoo messenger

Here is how to do that

1) Go to control panel and find the network connections and open tha
2)You can find your active internet connection there(If you are connected to internet at that time), right click on it and click the advanced tab to find about the firewall

You can later turn it off doing the same thing

Hope this helps
Siddhaart
p.s: Even though if you use a firewall you can always disable it when you use messenger service

G

-----Original Message-----
if i install the firewall for windows xp can i still use
my yahoo messenger and msn messenger to talk to people,
thank you cindy walker

G

The Microsoft firewall like all other firewalls can require some setup to meet the individual needs of a user.
e.g. if your provider is like Comcast and uses a lease to update the IP then you can still run the firewall by clicking on 'settings' in the 'advanced tab' in network properties and checking allow incoming echo request. I am online now to find out more about the settings and their effect on security in this firewall
Good luck with setting up your system

Ask a Question