Finding Cell Address from Listbox

Eubanks

Hello,

I need some help in finding a specific cell address for a selection from
a ListBox. For example, if the ListBox.RowSource = D15:D25, and the third
item in the list was selected (ListIndex = 2) the cell address D17 is
returned. I have fumbled around with relative positioning and have
accomplished nothing but confusion.

Any help or direction to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Jim Cone

Ken,

ListIndex starts its numbering at zero, so the third item selected
has a ListIndex of 2.
Also, if you set the ListIndex to -1 then nothing will be displayed.
The last item in a ListBox has a ListIndex equal to the ListCount -1.

Generally speaking, Collections (like "Worksheets") start their numbering with 1.
Arrays (like the "List" property) start their numbering with 0.

The help file does cover most of this.
For what its worth, the XL97 help file is much easier to use than those provided with later versions.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Eubanks" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Hello,
I need some help in finding a specific cell address for a selection from
a ListBox. For example, if the ListBox.RowSource = D15:D25, and the third
item in the list was selected (ListIndex = 2) the cell address D17 is
returned. I have fumbled around with relative positioning and have
accomplished nothing but confusion.
Any help or direction to look would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ken

Mike Fogleman

This seems to work for me:

Private Sub ListBox1_Change()
Dim rng As Range
Dim LstAdr As String
Set rng = Range(ListBox1.ListFillRange)
LstAdr = Cells(WorksheetFunction.Index(rng, ListBox1.ListIndex + 1).Row, _
Range(ListBox1.ListFillRange).Column).Address
Range("A1").Value = LstAdr
End Sub

Mike F

Eubanks

Mike,

Most Excellent!!! Thanks! I decided to use a ComboBox instead of a
ListBox so I had to modify the code slightly to work with its properties
(RowSource vs ListFillRange).

Thanks again for getting me off high center.
Ken

Mike Fogleman

Glad it worked. Thanks for the feedback!
Mike F