Finally - Got my ATI Radeon X800 XT PE Exchanged by Best Buy!

HockeyTownUSA

Well, for anyone interested, this incident has a fairly happy ending. A
couple weeks ago, I posted about how I received my ATI Radeon X800 XT PE in
the mail from Best Buy and the video card was gone, but there were some "D"
batteries in the package. To say I was a little furious was the least
especially after all the runaround that they gave me.

After two weeks of dealing with Best Buy customer support over the phone,
contacting our legal services for advice, filing a police report, and
putting this under dispute with my credit card company, I made one last
ditch effort by returning to the Best Buy store where it was originally
ordered from. Whether by luck, or the fact that I managed to show enough
frustration and diligence that they believed me, they finally ordered a
replacement part for me which arrived today. The sales manager opened it up
in the store, and I reviewed it with scrutiny. I am now the proud owner of a
brand new ATI Radeon X800 XT PE. I feel so relieved now that I have my card
and Best Buy can kiss my ass!!!

Now I can go back and play Half-Life 2 (again!) and Pacific Fighters in all
its glory at 1600x1200...

JLC

HockeyTownUSA said:
Well, for anyone interested, this incident has a fairly happy ending. A
couple weeks ago, I posted about how I received my ATI Radeon X800 XT PE.

Great news! Glad you finally got it taken care of. JLC

doug.drodskie

Where the heck did BB find a replacement so quick, I still can't find a PE
anywhere. I think they just took the one they borrowed from you back from
their blackmarket buddies.

HockeyTownUSA

Where the heck did BB find a replacement so quick, I still can't find a PE
anywhere. I think they just took the one they borrowed from you back from
their blackmarket buddies.

Just go into a BB store ask them for it, and if they don't have it, tell
them you know someone who had it ordered through BB customer fulfillment,
and they should do the same for you. Not that I want to give BB any more
business right now, but it is about the only place you can find one at
retail price. Just have them ship it to their store, and open it before you
leave. I learned my lesson. And make sure you tell them about my story. I
want to make sure no one else gets burned.

Nerdillius Maximus

HockeyTownUSA said:

....err, manager's son...

Just go into a BB store ask them for it, and if they don't have it, tell
them you know someone who had it ordered through BB customer fulfillment,
and they should do the same for you.

Then they'll go into the back room when you come back and take another card
they swapped for a rock or a pack of batteries and repackage it for ya
while-u-wait!

Not that I want to give BB any more
business right now, but it is about the only place you can find one at
retail price. Just have them ship it to their store, and open it before you
leave. I learned my lesson. And make sure you tell them about my story. I
want to make sure no one else gets burned.

Glad you got it all sorted out finally...so they let ya keep the batteries,
did they?...

"Enclosed: One package of batteries or hand-sized rock as voucher for card
pilfered out of stock"...

doug.drodskie

Just go into a BB store ask them for it, and if they don't have it, tell
them you know someone who had it ordered through BB customer fulfillment,
and they should do the same for you. Not that I want to give BB any more
business right now, but it is about the only place you can find one at
retail price. Just have them ship it to their store, and open it before you
leave. I learned my lesson. And make sure you tell them about my story. I
want to make sure no one else gets burned.
I placed an order with Circuit City Florida, but it doesn't look like
they're going to deliver before year end. I have also primed the person who
will pick it up for me to open the box, thanks for the warning. :)

First of One

When were the X800 series of cards first announced again? Makes you wonder
what ever happened to that six-month product cycle...