Filter recordset in subforms

Cristo

Hi,

Kindly let me know what are the various possible ways to

a)Filter recordset in subforms
b)to filter the items listed in a second combo box

I am using Access 2000.

Thanks in advance

Eric Butts [MSFT]

Hi Cristo,

The simplist method is to utilize the "Child and Master Link" properties of
the subForm.

For the combo box see the following for ideas:

ACC2000: How to Synchronize Two Combo Boxes on a Form (209595)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;209595

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support
(e-mail address removed)
"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "Cristo" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Cristo" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Filter recordset in subforms
| Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:27:25 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted
|
| Hi,
|
| Kindly let me know what are the various possible ways to
|
| a)Filter recordset in subforms
| b)to filter the items listed in a second combo box
|
| I am using Access 2000.
|
| Thanks in advance

Larry Linson

Kindly let me know what are the various possible ways to

Here is "something" on each, not claimed to be "all possible ways".
a)Filter recordset in subforms

Generally, a subform is "synchronized" to show records related to the record
displayed in the main form through the LinkMasterFields and the
LinkChildFields of the Subform Control. If you want some other kind of
filtering, please clarify.
b)to filter the items listed in a second combo box

Refer to the first ComboBox in the Query used for RowSource of the second
ComboBox, and Requery the second ComboBox in the After Update event of the
first.
I am using Access 2000.

You should be aware that Access 2000 is "out of support". It is also a
product that was plagued with many "issues", many of which are still
unresolved even with all 3 Service Releases applied. I suggest you consider
upgrading to Access 2002 or 2003, but at the very least, make certain you
have and have applied all three Service Releases to Access 2000.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Access MVP