Bargain File Recovery Software - free

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
From "Piriform," the makers of "CCleaner," comes a freeware utility called "Recuva" to restore accidentally deleted Windows files. It is also said to be capable of restoring images deleted from camera memory cards and MP3 players and is in it's final release having just come out of beta testing.

More info here: Recuva

Reaction score
Thanks Taffycat

After the not so nice news I recieved at work today..I thought my day couldn't get any worse..Coat on, came home and sat down to prep my laptop for Vista Ultimate..Cut and pasted 70gig of music to an external HDD only to open some of the files on the HDD an hour later to find they were empty..Panic set in...Then I read your post..
What a miracle in disguise it was..All 70gig of music recovered in just over an hour..All files intact and showing anxcellent state..Have had a look over them and some seem to be missing album info etc, which is not a big worry...

But again, thanks, thought I was up sh*t creek woithout a paddle for a bit..Off to have a play around and see what else I can recover etc..

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Sounds like you were having a pretty rubbish day Madxgraphics, but I'm glad you were at least able to rescue your music :thumb: Good to know that the utility works well too. :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info TC :bow:

Good timing for you Madxgraphics :D

There's another good file recovery application called PC Inspector File Recovery - saved some pics from a camera memory card I had :thumb:

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Sounds like you were having a pretty rubbish day Madxgraphics :D

I'd say..I've been suspended from work pending investigation on the grounds that i' insiting racial tension at work...I'm still trying to figure it out..But apparently somebody has made a complaint about an image I use as a desktop background.(Ed Norton in American History X) Funny how i'm a praticing Jew and don't find it offensive..Anyway..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Is it the pic of him with a swastika on his chest..I bet it is..

I find it hilarious and ridiculous how you can be accused and suspended by the authorities so quickly for displaying a picture on your desktop, yet if your car is broken into and damaged with the door almost being ripped off and your stereo, sat/nav and belongings stolen, no one wants to know anything about it..Police turn up a week later and tell you its a low priority case and that it will probably never be solved, so is a waste of Police resources..:mad:

This country makes me sick, The politicians make me sick..:mad:

Reaction score
That is just the picture....The investigation is been done through HR department..No police envolved...But yeah I couldn't agree more with you...Funny thing is the person that complained obviously knows very little about her own faith...Millions of Hindu's display that symbol in their homes, some even paint it on their heads for special occasions...I have a feeling it will all blow over though and thewhole thing has been done out of spite..Last week she was none o happy when Myspace/Facebook/MSN was blocked at work and she was top of the list for abusing work time etc...Ah well, like my better half said, i'm on a nice paid holiday...

I might add the picture was also on my personal laptop..

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought CCleaner was spyware

every tower we see with it has virtuemod and other pretty nasties on it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
hollydolly said:
every tower we see with it has virtuemod and other pretty nasties on it.
No, CCleaner is not spyware ... one needs to be sure where you download these excellent programs from. ;)

Thanks for another excellent find TC ... :thumb:

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I'd say..I've been suspended from work pending investigation on the grounds that i' insiting racial tension

PC doesn't stand for Personal Computer, it stands for Political Correctness and it's driving us all crazy. :wall:

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
Taffy, thanks for that info.

Recuva

has just saved some 2000 files that I had lost, due to a little Virus and a complete format!
I can't begin to think how much time and stress this programm has saved me.
In reality, I really only need about 10 files saving,
bowdown.gif
but what a programm.
bowdown.gif

Diolch yn fawr.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Croeso :D I'm glad you were able to save your files Jay :thumb:

Ask a Question