Fatal Error message

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
This morning at 08:12 am, I received this error message, when I clicked on "WCG Stats" from the PCR Home Page:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare writecache() (previously declared in C:\inetpub\vhosts\pcreview.co.uk\httpdocs\forums\global.php(392) : eval()'d code:1) in C:\inetpub\vhosts\pcreview.co.uk\httpdocs\forums\global.php(392) : eval()'d code on line 6

I was attempting to view the page in a tab (which is always my habit.) After returning to the Home Page and clicking again, the Stats thread appeared as normal. Just thought I'd mention it, because frankly, I've no idea if this was a glitch on the part of my browser (Firefox v 3.6.3) or PCR. :blush: Apologies if it the prob was at my end. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up TC, Mucks got a similar error in the past day too. I think I know what is causing it, but it is going to require some thinking to know how to fix it without causing a performance drop.

I'll see if I can get a fix in place this morning (even if it's just by removing the cache for now to stop the error), so if anyone gets this error again please let me know :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
A fix is now in place which should maintain the cache ability, but as this error is intermittent, I'm not able to test to see if it has worked. If anyone gets this message again, could you please let me know and I'll perform a more drastic code change :).

For any coders out there, I just wrapped the function in this code to check to see if it exists:

if(!function_exists('foo')){
CODE
}

It shouldn't have existed, but the caching system may be causing some problem.

Ask a Question