Fatal Error Message

Bill M.

I've been trying to install a newly purchased copy of
Windows XP Home Edition on my PC. After many unsiccessful
tries to overwrite Windows 98 it was suggested by this
Newsgroup to reformat the drive before installation. I
did. The installation seemed normal enough until it got to
copying files and couldn't find 19 of them. At the end,
when it tried to start I got a blue screen and this error
message:
STOP c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The session manager ...

Now I can't get it to do anything. If I reset the computer
the same message comes up.

Any help will be seriously appreciated. I've been trying
for three weeks to install XP on this computer and am at a
dead end.

Make sure your install disk isn't scratched or dirty or a copy of an original disk

You will need to startover the install and perhaps it would be a good idea to delete the partition and create it again

PS. Want a virus? use my product called Outlook Express ;-)

Bill M

It is a brand new licensed cd. It is not scratched or
dirty. If I could start again, I would. The damn thing
won't let me do anything. If I go to the screen with Safe
Mode on it I get the same thing no matter what choice I
make.
Make sure your install disk isn't scratched or dirty or a copy of an original disk.

You will need to startover the install and perhaps it
would be a good idea to delete the partition and create it
again.

Malke

Bill said:
It is a brand new licensed cd. It is not scratched or
dirty. If I could start again, I would. The damn thing
won't let me do anything. If I go to the screen with Safe
Mode on it I get the same thing no matter what choice I
make.
would be a good idea to delete the partition and create it
again.
Failure to install MS operating systems is usually because of bad
hardware. Start with a RAM test - I like Memtest86 from
www.memtest86.com - and let the test run for an extended time, like
overnight (unless you get errors immediately). If the RAM is good, then
run a hard drive diagnostic utility, which you can get from the drive
mftr.'s website.

Malke