Fat Aero Title Bars

Jared \(Home\)

Hi,

Anyway to turn off the fat areo title bars. Most apps like windows mail
have normals ones but windows explorer and my computer have rather large
empty space at top of window.

Need to get rid of these gnome windows.

Bill G.

windows mail and win.explorer have title bars of the same width....it's just
that in some windows there is no window title, which makes the title bar
look empty and big....and I cant imagine how you could grab a window and
move it around...

(and if you want to see a FAT title bar....open Windows DVD maker...:p)

Bill

Bill G. said:
windows mail and win.explorer have title bars of the same
width....it's just that in some windows there is no window title,
which makes the title bar

No, they are not the same size.

All or most of the regular windows title bars are the same size, like
explorer, control panel, network, but WinMail and most other
applications, like Nero, MSWord 2003, Quickpar, have smaller title
bars.

Funny thing is, I never noticed until this thread.

:)

I haven't tried it since it doesn't bother me, but how about different
themes or classic windows?

Alexander Suhovey

Posted At: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 11:20 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Conversation: Fat Aero Title Bars
Subject: Re: Fat Aero Title Bars

All or most of the regular windows title bars are the same size, like
explorer, control panel, network, but WinMail and most other
applications, like Nero, MSWord 2003, Quickpar, have smaller title
bars.

I guess that's because of Address Bar. Probably it has some space on top
of it that is added to overall bar size. Since Windows Mail does not
have Address Bar, it has smaller topmost bar.
Funny thing is, I never noticed until this thread.

Yeah, me too :)

Bill

Alexander Suhovey said:
I guess that's because of Address Bar. Probably it has some space on
top
of it that is added to overall bar size. Since Windows Mail does not
have Address Bar, it has smaller topmost bar.

Yeah, you're right.

Notepad, Calculator, Character Map, etc. do not have the extra space.
It's only windows with the address bar.