FAT 32 and NTFS

G

Recently a new drive labled "D" has shown up on my laptop, grabbing 11GB of the 18GB that was formerly on my "C" drive. As a result, the "C" drive has only 210MB free and I get frequent mssages telling me I'm low on disk space. When I checked my system info, I see that the "C" drive is a FAT32 file system while the newly appearing "D" drive is an NTFS file system. How can I consolidate back to one drive and which do I retain?

G

try a lil program called Partition Magic. all you need to do is Formatt the 2nd half(FAT32) so that it becomes NTFS. Once that is done you can merge the 2 Partitions together.
Also what you could do is go into your computer management and right-click the drive that you want to convert and chose formatt. you should then get an option for the file system you want to use. but i am not quite sure if this utility lets you merge partitons.

B

Bill

New "D" drives should not just appear magically on your
hard drive. If you didn't put it there then shouldn't
your first order of business be finding out who did and
how they did it?
Bill
-----Original Message-----
Recently a new drive labled "D" has shown up on my
laptop, grabbing 11GB of the 18GB that was formerly on
my "C" drive. As a result, the "C" drive has only 210MB
free and I get frequent mssages telling me I'm low on disk