Fastest way to insert several 1000 transactions into oracle?

Chris

i am looking for the fastest way to insert several 1000
trx int oracle. is there a faster way, then using a
DataAdapter? is there a possibilty to execute a bulk load
(or batchwise insert with transactionsize)? any
suggestions? thanks a lot!!

chris

Jonathan Schafer

i am looking for the fastest way to insert several 1000
trx int oracle. is there a faster way, then using a
DataAdapter? is there a possibilty to execute a bulk load
(or batchwise insert with transactionsize)? any
suggestions? thanks a lot!!

chris

If these are individual txns, my suggestion would be to use the
threadpool and run txns simultaneously. I do this quite often. The
threadpool gives you up to 25 threads per CPU so you can get the job
done much faster.

Jonathan Schafer

Jonathan Schafer

I don't know about thread pooling, but I wouldn't use a DataAdapter object
when performance is an issue. You should get better performance by using
the Command object's ExecuteNonQuery with parameterized queries and stored
procedures.

-LM

Perhaps I didn't make that part clear. That is exactly what I am
talking about. Using SqlCommand (or OleDbCommand) ExecuteNonQuery to
do the insert. By using the ThreadPool (QueueUserWorkItem), you can
execute the Insert query simultaneously in approximately 25 threads
per cpu.

Jonathan Schafer

Chris

Jonathan thank you very much for your suggestion. it is a
cool idea. i will try to implement and test ist asap.
thanks!

chris

Perhaps I didn't make that part clear. That is exactly what I am
talking about. Using SqlCommand (or OleDbCommand) ExecuteNonQuery to
do the insert. By using the ThreadPool (QueueUserWorkItem), you can
execute the Insert query simultaneously in approximately 25 threads
per cpu.

Jonathan Schafer

I'm sorry, and I stand corrected.

-LM

Jonathan Schafer

I'm sorry, and I stand corrected.

-LM

No need to be sorry. I was unclear in my response and so the message
didn't provide the help that it should have! Thanks for pointing it
out.

Jonathan Schafer