FAQ's

perhap microsoft could make a FAQ column or "stickys" for questions that get
asked a lot like-

mouse icon disapears
or
nero errors etc

because a lot of newbys questions have already been solved.

and yes you can do a search but people dont, they ask again!

just a suggestion

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...32d&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

Peter Flindt

kendrz wrote :
perhap microsoft could make a FAQ column or "stickys" for questions that get
asked a lot like-

I am disagree...
Why?
- a separate FAQ Site about each newsgroup section somewhere on the
online-newsgroups-website? Your sure anybody would read this?
- Newsgroups have a specific protocol, therefore "stickies" , like in
MS forums, are not possible or only possible with some special MS
extension for the newsgroups protocol (like this vote button for
example), no other Newsreader than Windows Live Mail Desktop will ever
display this "stickys".

Peter

Erwin Moller

Peter said:
kendrz wrote :

I am disagree...
Why?
- a separate FAQ Site about each newsgroup section somewhere on the
online-newsgroups-website? Your sure anybody would read this?
- Newsgroups have a specific protocol, therefore "stickies" , like in
MS forums, are not possible or only possible with some special MS
extension for the newsgroups protocol (like this vote button for
example), no other Newsreader than Windows Live Mail Desktop will ever
display this "stickys".

Peter

Yes, very true. (I use Thunderbird as reader nowadays.)
One cannot expect the net at large to switch Windows Live Mail.

Possible solution:
On some newgroups admin of the FAQ has a script that simply post every
day a link to the site that contains a FAQ, with FAQ in the subject. (eg
comp.lang.javascript).
If I am new to a NG I always search for such a subject/posting.
9 out of 10 beginnerquestions are covered by a good FAQ. ;-)

Regards,
Erwin Moller