Failing during first scan

Shiner

Has anyone seen an issue when after installing and running
the first scan, the computer appeared to have locked up,
but what was really happening was that it was writing to
an error file every x "nano seconds".
I didn't find this out until after I had to reboot the
machine to recover it. Ended up with a 600MB log file
with the same error in it. (Made the mistake of double
clicking before I saw the size... So thats what a swap
file and 4Gig of memory were for..still took an age to
sort its life out though).
I deleted the damn thing before copying a section out of
it, (clipboard died when I closed wordpad), but it looked
like one of the modules was failing to load because it was
not registered.
It looked like something failed to register during the
install (and I did do a reboot after the install).

I'm posting here because I've not seen any other methods
of reporting bugs back. Does anyone know of any ?

Regards

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Hi,

We have had a few reports of this and have an active bug on it. Can you
paste the log so I can take a look?

-steve

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
MCSE, CISSP
PSS Security

originated.

Shiners Friend

Hello, Steve -
Please, read posts more carefully
1. logfile has reached size of 600MB
2. It was deleted
3. Tell us beta-testers how to paste such files for you
4. If you still want some, I may send a pair ca 3GB each
- I have a good broadband :)

From: "Shiner" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Shiner" <[email protected]>
Subject: Failing during first scan
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:10:38 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures

[...]

.

Bill Sanderson

An earlier request was to look at the log file and see whether it consisted
largely of one repeated message. If so, a snippet containing that message
is probably sufficient.

From: "Shiner" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Shiner" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:10:38 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.signatures

[...]

Shiner problem

Which tools are best for VERY HUGE files?
(pagefile.sys is _fixed-size_)
Thanks.