Failed Email delivery

I have got WinXP sp2, with MS Office 2003 installed.
Whenever I send emails to my father (who has 2 PCs - Win98 & Win2k), the
emails fail to deliver. He uses Pegasus Mail rather than Outlook to get his
emails, which are through NTL and Bigfoot accounts.
Neither emails reach him, but he can send emails to me.
The emails fail with 'too many retries' or 'unknown address', even when I
hit the Reply button.

As a separate problem, all my apostrophes, smiley faces etc. end up as
trademark symbols and J's respectively. I have changed my email settings to
all available (HTML, Word and Rich Text and Plain Text, and nothing makes a
difference).

I would appreciate any help or advice with either / both of these problems.

Brian Tillman

Carol said:
I have got WinXP sp2, with MS Office 2003 installed.
Whenever I send emails to my father (who has 2 PCs - Win98 & Win2k),
the emails fail to deliver. He uses Pegasus Mail rather than Outlook
to get his emails, which are through NTL and Bigfoot accounts.
Neither emails reach him, but he can send emails to me.
The emails fail with 'too many retries' or 'unknown address', even
when I hit the Reply button.

Please post the entire text of one of those messages (eliding or modifying,
of course, the exact addresses so as to not post them in a public forum)

Alan Smith

Carol said:
I have got WinXP sp2, with MS Office 2003 installed.
Whenever I send emails to my father (who has 2 PCs - Win98 & Win2k), the
emails fail to deliver. He uses Pegasus Mail rather than Outlook to get
his
emails, which are through NTL and Bigfoot accounts.
Neither emails reach him, but he can send emails to me.
The emails fail with 'too many retries' or 'unknown address', even when I
hit the Reply button.

As a separate problem, all my apostrophes, smiley faces etc. end up as
trademark symbols and J's respectively. I have changed my email settings
all available (HTML, Word and Rich Text and Plain Text, and nothing makes
difference).

I would appreciate any help or advice with either / both of these
problems.
Thanks,

There are several possibilities. Have you look at the filtering/blocking to
see if your email address has somehow been added? And don't forget that
email service provider may also have similar functions too- my provider does
so and you'll need to access through a web based interface to check.

Symbols- make sure the country settings are correct on both systems- it
defaults to American unless you choose a different one- and that the font
used is available on your system, it may be defaulting to a different one if
not available.

I have attached the message I receive each time, excluding the specific
email addresses.
I have checked languages on all PCs, and they are all set to UK.
I have also checked the 'blocked senders' list, but i don't see this as
being the cause of the fault, as on rare occasions, my emails do get through
(about 1% of the time).
Will have to check the fonts.
Thank you for suggestions received so far.