F.E.A.R. Patch 1.00 - 1.01 Avaiaible Here

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Just received my review copy of this today, and just thought I'd mention something for those who have older graphics cards.

After auto-detecting settings, make sure you click on the graphics card option to enforce DirectX8 shaders. On my home PC which is (still) running a GeForce FX5500, after auto detection and NOT enforcing DirectX8 shaders, even at the lowest resolution it was chugging like an asthmatic tortoise. After enforcing, I've upped just about everything, including the resolution, and it's running at a nice 50frames pr second :) Just a little tip for those like me who are behind the times ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I only ordered mine last night and there's a patch already!? Oh well it can only be a good thing i guess....

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Heres are the list of fixes:

Dead players will no longer win the round in Elimination game types if they have the highest score when time runs out.

Fixed broken ladder animations.

Spectator "Fly" mode now works as intended.

Fixed a problem where players would sometimes spawn into Team Elimination games as a neutral player.

Fixed problem with grenades getting stuck on or bouncing off of breakable windows in certain levels.

Further optimized performance and fixed minor lighting and art bugs in the Streets CTF level.

Ask a Question