Extract File path from Assembly

• Thread starter samit bhatt via .NET 247
  • Start date
S

samit bhatt via .NET 247

Hi All

I've embedded HTML file in my Assembly, I want to extractphysical path of that HTML file and want my Activex - WebBrowsercontrol to navigate to that URL and load that file in thecontrol. I'm using C# as programming language.
I want to know whether this is possible.
Actual problem is that my progam is generating Dynamic HTML and iwant to show that in WebBrowser control. I'm using MsHTML toload but i need a file to navigate for the WebBrowser control. Ican't use about:blank, because i'm having links in my Html whichtagged within the same document. Hence about:blank doesn't allow<a href="#NAME"

Please suggest any other solution.
Thanks in advance
Sam

M

Munir Husseini

Am Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:07:27 -0700 schrieb samit bhatt via .NET 247:
Hi All

I've embedded HTML file in my Assembly, I want to extract physical path of that HTML file and want my Activex - WebBrowser control to navigate to that URL and load that file in the control. I'm using C# as programming language.
I want to know whether this is possible.
Actual problem is that my progam is generating Dynamic HTML and i want to show that in WebBrowser control. I'm using MsHTML to load but i need a file to navigate for the WebBrowser control. I can't use about:blank, because i'm having links in my Html which tagged within the same document. Hence about:blank doesn't allow <a href="#NAME"

Please suggest any other solution.
Thanks in advance
Sam

Hi Sam,

I don't think you can make the browser open embedded ressources directly,
so I's suggest to extract your HTML file from the Assembly at startup and
save it in a temporary location then make the browser load it from there.

Regards,
Munir Husseini

Ask a Question