External table is not in the expected format

• Thread starter Sameers (theAngrycodeR) via .NET 247
  • Start date
S

Sameers (theAngrycodeR) via .NET 247

I think I will get MAD very soon. Its very weired problem I amfacing here. Let me explain.

I have two DBF files from which I want to export data in CSVformat. I created a desktop application and used followingconnectionstrings.

Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; DataSource=D:\MJGross\DataBases;Extended Properties=dBase III;
And
Provider=vfpoledb.1;Data Source=D:\MJGross\DataBases;ExtendedProperties=dBASE IV;Exclusive=false;Nulls=false

Both worked fine and I simply finished that application.

Now customer required me to create a web service which mayautomate this export. I used the same code to put in a thread ina WindowsService and tried over to my system. I usedMicrosoft.JET.OLEDB..... connection string on my system tocreate the service and it worked very nice to me. But when Isent that over to client, I found that though Connection wasopened, but when It tries to Fill data in DataTable, it throwserror:
External table is not in the expected format

I was weired, I thought its may be some problem due to connectionstring and I changed that to vfpoledb.1........ and I stunt thatit was not working on my system and even on the client system. Iagain checked on Simple desktop application and found that bothconnection string + same DBF file was working very correctly butwhen comes to Service, it throws error. Using vfpoledbconnection string, it denies to connect and usingMicrosoft.JET.OLEDB, it though connects but throws error saying"External table is not in the expected format".

I am too much frustrated by this behaviour. I am using VB .NET(VS .NET 2003).

Any help or idea will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ask a Question