Extended Character Map v1.41 - Last Freeware Version

Seamaiden

Extended Character Map v1.41

http://www.woundedmoon.org/win32/extendedcharactermap141.html

Extended Character Map is just like Windows Character Map with a bigger
sample display for the selected character. This program also displays
the keystroke code for the selected character. If you want to copy a
single or more than one character to the clipboard, you can double-click
a character and the character will be added to the 'Characters to Copy'
edit box. Now, characters in character map can be resized.

New in this version:
- Little interface improvements
- Little code improvements

Last Freeware Version!

Download
http://woundedmoon.org/win32/extendedcharactermap141.zip

Other Freeware Programs
http://www.woundedmoon.org/win32_freeware.html

Anonymous

Extended Character Map v1.41
New in this version:
- Little interface improvements
- Little code improvements
Last Freeware Version!

I acquired Extended Character Map version 1.41 in Decemeber of 1998.
What interface improvements and changes to the freeware status are we
talking about here?

Craig

Anonymous said:
I acquired Extended Character Map version 1.41 in Decemeber of 1998.
What interface improvements and changes to the freeware status are we
talking about here?
Anon;

I d/l'd the s/w. According to the help file, it *is* v1.41, copyrighted
for 1998 and is freeware/donationware. So, I'd say this is the same as
the one you 'acquired.' Of course, if you want to have some fun, we can
run checksums...<grin>...

Btw, the sites listed for the developer/company no longer work. A
search for the company (aritech developement) provides other, equally
broken links.

hth,
-Craig

Susan Bugher

Craig said:
Anonymous wrote:
Btw, the sites listed for the developer/company no longer work. A
search for the company (aritech developement) provides other, equally
broken links.

lessee. . . PL2006 PL2005 PL2004 PL2003 PL2002 PL2001 ;)

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2006/PL2006TEXT.php#0261-PW

Extended Character Map
Company: -- Author: Sony Arianto Kurniawan
(Freeware)NOTES: last Freeware version (v 1.41)
Windows OS: Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000
Languages: English
utility but uses much bigger, easier-to-see characters. The utility is
especially useful for viewing the pictures in a symbol or Dingbat font.
Characters can be seen up to 100pt size. No more squinting at Webding
characters trying to figure out "is that a race car or a textile
factory?". The keystroke name is displayed in the program's status bar.
The Decimal/Hex/Oct/Binary values are also displayed. Additionally, you
can view the fonts with one or more attributes selected (Bold, Italic,
Underline, Strikeout). Using ExtendedCharacterMap, any character or
series of characters can be quickly copied to the clipboard.
Program description:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,6166,00.asp
download v 1.41 [ extended.zip (189 KB)]
http://ftp.pcworld.com/pub/new/desktop/fonts/extended.zip
2006PL CD files: extended.zip

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Craig said:
Susan Bugher wrote:
Yes yes yes!

Pricelesswarehome is the one-stop shopping mecca! No qualms here. My
developer/company, not the s/w.

Yabbut. . . ;)

If there's no home page listed in the PW description the odds of turning
one up are slim to none (the group keeps pretty good track of PW apps).
IOW - look there first and save yourself some time and energy. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Craig

Susan said:
Yabbut. . . ;)

IOW - look there first and save yourself some time and energy. :)

Susan

Criminy Susan;

It was either this or do "real" work. What the heck? Trying to blow my
cover? <g>

-Craig

Dan

I acquired Extended Character Map version 1.41 in Decemeber of 1998.
What interface improvements and changes to the freeware status are we
talking about here?

I'm using version 1.20a. I like to make sure an app is thoroughly
field-tested before I upgrade! Maybe it's time. :)

(I wonder what those improvements, too.)