Exteme case modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello im kcanti and im a hardcore modder, ill tell u how to make your cowardy Machine that dares to show its beige shame and turn it into a beast that proforms like a beast and looks like one too. ok so ive written 2 books on the subject and in this tread i will tell how to mod all aspects. let me know if theres anything you need help with and i will be able to answer all of your questions. ok so first thing is installing cold cathodes, easy as pie, the edible one not the mathematical one. i will post the guide in a few mins, i just need to get to my other account.

Reaction score
So nice to see someone blowing their own trumpet in there first post!
As for my 'cowardy machine' (should be spelt cowardly) does not need some published twat like you shagging it up & talking the talk. Theirs enough people here I would ask long before you!

Oh I forgot my manners kcanti, welcome to pcreview.

Reaction score
hey

i am not a twat and i am willing to provide simple answers to make your computer look cool, as for the spelling, well i was never much good without a decent spellchecker

Reaction score
kcanti said:
ok so ive written 2 books on the subject
Did you use a spell checker for them?

You came straight in telling us all what a 'hardcore modder' you are & 'tell how to mod all aspects'
I dont like the manner you brought across in your 1st post, but hey i can live with it.
But your only going to pee off us 'beige shame' users.

Now you have a nice day.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
kk so i may have boasted a little but i hope i can make it up to u all. and i had no intention to defend users about the colour of their computers, i mearly wanted to stress a point. listed feckit can we be pals, and can u tell me what ur good at doing.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
kcanti said:
ill tell u how to make your cowardy Machine that dares to show its beige shame and turn it into a beast that proforms like a beast and looks like one too.

Not the best intro i've ever seen, but lets see some of your work.

P.S, you could just buy a decent case in the first place! :p

Reaction score
lol kk uh right where to begin, i think ill tell how to install a cold cathode into your case, also for this to work you will need a case with some form of clear window, first off it helps to wear an anti static wristband to do this incase u brush one of the more sensitive components, now with the cold cathodes you usually get a kit containing two cold cathode tubes, an inverter and a whole load of wires connecting to a switch. now firstly because i didnt want the wires on show i unscrewed the switch from the pci backplate and stowed all of the wires in a hard drive bay, there are two molex connectors, it is desinged to be a simple through connector, simple nope, anyway you grab a spare molex conector and plug it into the male of the two and use the velcro provided to stick the inverter to the bottom of your computer case, or wherever suites you, plug the power connector of the wires into the lone port in the inverter, mount your two tubes again using velcro, now plug them in. now switch it one once u put ur case back together. if they dont switch on just change the position of the switch that we unscrewed earlier. now you should have added a light mod to the inside of your case. well done, it took me about 5 mins to do that so its not exactly the hardest of mods.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Done that before, mounted the switch on the 3.5mm bay cover*, see the gallery.

*credit to flops for the idea. :)

Reaction score
lol i would but im painfully embarresed to say i dont know how to upload pictures to this site, its not that clear

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
'Manage attachments' when your replying.

Reaction score
by the way i kept the switch internal, as i didnt see a need to swith the things off as they will probably outlast the computer itself

Reaction score
oh what
i did the manage attachements thingy attemt number 2 oh wait too large, brb, lemme get my digi camera on vga.

Reaction score
time for attempt no 3

Attachments

• DSC05619.JPG
    DSC05619.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 217
Reaction score
yeah
and heres another one,

Attachments

• DSC05618.JPG
    DSC05618.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 171
Reaction score
lol soz about the delay but for some reason my kcanti one not working, ur on the right track, do u want to mod for performance or style, also that hard drive bay thing was pure gold dust, do u mind if i link to it in my website

Status
Not open for further replies.