Expression Help Cont

L

LMB

Hi Guys,

I have been continuing to work on a my query to show the total hours worked in an area. Here is my expression, I used the expression builder for this. Expr1: [SumOfWorkAreaHours]/12. It returns the number I want but when I run the query, I get a pop up window which says "Enter Parameter Value". If I click OK, the query runs and my hours are converted into 12 hour units...ie if the sum of an employees hours are 24, I get a 2 in the Expression field. What do I need to do to prevent the pop up? I think this means access doesn't recognize this field name but I don't know why since the expression builder is what put it there.

Thanks,
Linda

L

LMB

I don't know if I figured it out right but I finally have the crosstab query I want. I made a new query and based it on the SumOfWorkAreas query, Now I used the expression below and there is no "Enter Parameter Value" error. If this is not the best way to go about it, let me know...I needed to make 4 queries to get to this point.

Thanks,
Linda
Hi Guys,

I have been continuing to work on a my query to show the total hours worked in an area. Here is my expression, I used the expression builder for this. Expr1: [SumOfWorkAreaHours]/12. It returns the number I want but when I run the query, I get a pop up window which says "Enter Parameter Value". If I click OK, the query runs and my hours are converted into 12 hour units...ie if the sum of an employees hours are 24, I get a 2 in the Expression field. What do I need to do to prevent the pop up? I think this means access doesn't recognize this field name but I don't know why since the expression builder is what put it there.

Thanks,
Linda

Ask a Question