Export User First Name/Last Name and Email Address Fields

Scott L. Dukart

I am trying to export specific fields from Active Directory:
1. First Name
2. Middle Initial
3. Last Name
4. Email Address

How can this be done? I am not having much luck using LDIFDE and CSVDE as I
can not seem to strip out enough of the data...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matjaz Ladava [MVP]

You can do this wit CSVDE just fine. Try
csvde -f output.csv -d "dc=domain,dc=com" -r "(objectClass=user)" -l
"givenName,mail,initials,sn"

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000), MVP
(e-mail address removed)
http://ladava.com

Joined
Dec 14, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
I'm trying to perform a similar task and cannot get this command to output Email information. I have even done csvde -f output.csv without any other switches (which outputs all of AD) and I did a search for any E-mail addresses and didn't find a single one.

Are you sure that csvde outputs the mail field?

Also, why is the -d switch required? This command does not require it to run does it? Is there some benefit in using it?

Matjaz Ladava [MVP] said:
You can do this wit CSVDE just fine. Try
csvde -f output.csv -d "dc=domain,dc=com" -r "(objectClass=user)" -l
"givenName,mail,initials,sn"

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava, MCSE (NT4 & 2000), MVP