Explorer-style Combobox/Treeview Control

G

Hey,
I'm trying to find code for an Explorer-style Directory ComboBox. (You know, it display "Desktop", "My Computer", all drives, etc., but it has a treeview control inside the combobox so that you can navigate through the file system as well.) I've found some on the web, but all of them just have the drives and desktop directories and are static in that you cannot expand the directories. I normally build a treeview control to do it with, but this time I want a combobox/tree view combination control like Windows has. If anyone has code for this, knows where some is, or has the know-how to help me out I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks

G

I searched for "XP styles" as you said, but found nothing on the site at all related to the combination combobox/treeview directory selection control that is available in Windows Explorer. I have searched EVERYWHERE looking for info on where to get this control, or what ocx/dll file it is contained in, or where in the Windows API I can find it, but I have had no success. Since it has been part of Windows Explorer (and the open/save file dialogs) ever since Win95 or 98, I can't see how it can be that I can't find anywhere where someone else uses it. Everyone uses the treeview/listview controls together, instead of using that one control. If I had the know-how I'd make the control myself, but I've tried and haven't had any luck...If I add the treeview control to the controls collection of a combobox, and add items to the treeview, the combobox doesn't drop down, and I can only view one item of the treeview at a time. Somebody please help poor old me! :)

G

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! Thank you SOOO much!!!

------------------------------------
Ben Coats
..Net Developer
Newberry Pathology Associates
Newberry, SC, USA

Ask a Question