Expanding Class Capabilities...

Number 11950 - GPEMC! Replace number with 11950

Is there a control, class, or technique that will allow me to add features
from another control to an existing control. For example is it possible to
take the carat position (in text) or SelStart & SelLength properties of the
Rich Text Box and add them to a control that doesn't offer these features
such as the WebBrowser Object or the DHTMLEdit Object?

Alternatively, can you take the property that contains and displays the
document HTML in the WebBrowser Object and add it to the Rich Text Object so
that the Rich Text box can display HTML without you having to recode to the
w3c specification yourself?

Alternatively, is there a straight HTML WYSIWYG edit box with all the
functionality of the Rich Text Edit Box available to VB2005Pro?

Thanks in Advance...

Number 11950 - GPEMC! Replace number with 11950

"Number 11950 - GPEMC! Replace number with 11950" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
[SNIP]

Put another way; all I need to do is gain *complete* control of how user
input affects the HTML while displaying the text as formatted text. All I
need from VB2005Pro is an accurate display of the formatted text. Coding
markup, particularly valid markup is my specialty but I am unwilling to
rewrite an entire browser component just to include some basic text-handling
functions - it would probably prove easier to learn IL (Intermediate
Language), decompile both WebBrowser and Rich Text objects, and then mix and
match...

So, using the WebBrowser object with design mode on eg.

doc11 = DirectCast(WebBrowser1.Document.DomDocument, MSHTML.IHTMLDocument2)
doc11.DesignMode = "On"

And, after typing away, the user shifts the position of the carat by
clicking within WebBrowser1 with the mouse. How do I return either the plain
text position or the formatted text position of the carat? IE how do I get
the cursor position?

Likewise, a slection of text is highlighted. Let's say that the selection
highlighted or selected is repeated many times prior to and after the
selection in the text being edited. How do I retrieve the beginning and
length or end of the selection or highlight?

Or is learning to shuffle in IL the way to go...?

TIA

Joergen Bech

If you want a little more control over the web browser control from
..Net you might want to take a look at
http://www.netrixcomponent.net/
The author of that component has done a great deal of work to
make all sorts of features accessible to mere mortals. Far too much
work to do yourself if your end product is not a competing component.

The web browser and RichTextBox controls are not implemented
in .Net, so you would have a difficult time "decompiling" them to
learn what makes them tick (if that was what you meant).

Regards,

Joergen Bech