Excel Excel VBA Filter application

Reaction score
:DHi
This is my first post here in PC review. I am new to macros and Excel VBA tool. I am presenlty working out a macro to automate a repetitive task, in that macro, i have a fileter which would sort the data and copy and paste it to a new worksheet before it does a subtotal. Till here, this macro works fine. but, for the given criteria, if no data is found for that filter, still the macro is going ahead with execution and tries to do a subtotal, and finds no data to do a subtotal, hence error is reported. How to sort this out, any help is much appreciated.:thumb:

Reaction score
Hai this is my first post even I waana Write a macro to copy only required rows from onesheet and paste them in another sheeet

Example:
A B
654 Mobile Phine 420
456 Sony walky 360
789 Mobile Phone jsgbdsa
786 Monkey4567
7867 sony 360

If sheet 1 is in above format I wanna copy the rows which starts with Mobile Phone & Sony walky only and paste them in 2nd sheet but not any others please help me in writting in macro for above format i have Thousands of rows so it will take so much time doing manually

Can anyone help me in writting macro for this one
Output should be
456 Sony walky 360
789 Mobile Phone jsgbdsa

Can any one pls help Even reply me on my mail ID (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Venky, Srinivas89,

Have you tried using a pivot table? If you can filter the data you can easily use pivot analysis on your data, add a column that has a value for each row- I typically use one called 'audit' and number each row. That column goes into the data section of the pivot table. You can double click on each number in the data section and Excel will build a pivot report on a new spreadsheet with only the data associated. No VBA or macros, and you do not make any changes to your data. You can delete the tabs or move them into separate workbooks as reports.

Stoneboysteve

Reaction score
This is my first post here in PC review. I am new to macros and Excel VBA tool. I am presenlty working out a macro to automate a repetitive task, in that macro, i have a fileter which would sort the data and copy and paste it to a new worksheet before it does a subtotal. Till here, this macro works fine. but, for the given criteria, if no data is found for that filter, still the macro is going ahead with execution and tries to do a subtotal, and finds no data to do a subtotal, hence error is reported. How to sort this out, any help is much appreciated.

Ask a Question