Excel value onto word userform

Al@n

Hi
I'm trying to import an excel cell value into a textbox on a word userform.
I've managed(with the help of code found in the forums to open a document
based on a word template and get the word userform to display but
cannot get the cell value to populate the textbox on the word userform.

Example code below(Office 2003)
________________________
Private Sub cmdQuote_Click()
Dim WD As Object
Dim MyDoc As Object

Set WD = CreateObject("Word.Application")

With WD

Set MyDoc = .Documents.Add(Template:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Gas Quotation.dot", _
NewTemplate:=False, DocumentType:=0)

MyDoc.Activate

MyDoc.UserForm("txtAdd1").Result = ActiveSheet.Range("C8").Value
'**********

..Visible = True

End With
End Sub
__________________

TIA

Jim Cone

I am not the person to ask and this is not the newsgroup for Word programming help.
However, maybe I won't do any damage...

A textbox (Word or Excel) does not have a "Result" property.
Also, you need to specify the Application | Document | Userform | Textbox that
gets the cell value. So it should look something like...

MyDoc.UserForm1.txtAdd1.Value = ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("C8").Value
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Al@n" <@l@[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

Jim

Thanks for the reply.

The reason I posted in this newsgroup was because I'm trying to control Word
from Excel with the code below in an Excel Module.
I deliberated as to where I should ask the question but didn't wish to post
in multiple groups.

I have tried your suggestion but to no avail, Word opens, Userform1 displays
but there is still no text from range C8 in txtAdd1.

Regarding my original code, I have a spreadsheet on which a userform, whilst
populating the spreadsheet, can also open and populate a Word userform
using code similar to that below:

MyDoc.FormFields("Text1").Result = UserForm1.TextBox1.Value

That is why I was trying to use "result" instead of "value"

Anyhow, thanks once again for your response and I'll keep trying.

Al@n