Excel Excel To Msword

Reaction score
Hello experts,

I need to place the attached chart (well I tried to attach it) in my doctoral thesis in MSWord. As it is it's too wide, I could put it on a separate page as landscape dimensions, but then I don't know how to insert it so that the page numbering will be automatic and will be the same dimensions (only sideways) as the other pages (letter size here in the States). Is there someway to reduce it even further? Maybe scan it and play with it that way?

I hope someone can help because I did see a few requests from people regarding copying Excel to word but they have no responses.

Kindest regards from Houston,
Linda

Reaction score
XCEL to Word

Dear Madxgraphics,

Thank you for your reply but none of those links have anything to do with my problem as they are all related to errors, freezes , installation problems and such.

Linda

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...70-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en

http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/excel-to-word.htm

I don't use the program but these links should help.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Reaction score
Xcel to Word Solution Found

admin edit: I've moved your solution thread into your old thread Linda, as it will help to keep it in one place so others can find the answer :thumb: Thanks for reporting back :)

----------------------------------------------

Hi,

Earlier I asked about a spreadsheet that was too wide to copy and paste into Word. In case this solution may be of some use in the future, I thought I'd share it. Simply select and copy the Excel page, then go Word, click on Edit, then Paste Special and then select Bitmap.

One other thing I found out from a link that was given to me (apologies for not remembering the name of that kind person) on my initial query, was that if you then also select Paste Link, any changes you make later in the Excel file will automatically update in the Word file provided you do not select Bitmap ( I tried), but rather Formatted text (RTF). Your selection (Bitmap or RTF) will probably depend upon how wide your Excel file is, but this is handy if you repeat, for example, the same kind of reports frequently where only dates and numbers change.

I was able to copy and paste approx. 23 columns from Excel using Bitmap (granted the font is 8 and some columns only have five spaces) and although it looks more like a scanned picture (e.g. old pdf journal style) and is difficult to read, it actually prints out fine. I suspect if the columns were fewer and thus the font could be bigger this would not be a problem.

Kindest regards,
Linda
PS Thank you again to those who offered advice.

Reaction score
Excel to Word Solution Found

Abarbarian said:
Glad the info helped it was nice of you to give us the follow up.

happywave.gif

Dear Abarvarian,

Thank you for your thank you. I'm a firm believer in not having to "re-invent the wheel." Teachers are pretty used to sharing material, so it comes naturally. Also, your first link was where I got the info regarding 'paste link'-pretty niffty. (My husband actually told me about the Bitmap!)

Kindest regards from Houston,
Linda
P.S. to admin. Thank you for taking the time to put the solution into the thread. I wasn't sure if I did that it would come up on a search.

Ask a Question