Excel solver via access/vba

asma.perveen

I am trying to use the solver functionality via Access.

I have dataset in Access.I need to run an optimization on that data using the excel solver. I then need to transfer the results back into Access Automatically.
Any Example/Idea??

John W. Vinson

I am trying to use the solver functionality via Access.

I have dataset in Access.I need to run an optimization on that data using the excel solver. I then need to transfer the results back into Access Automatically.
Any Example/Idea??

I am not at all skilled in Access-Excel interfacing, but some folks are.
Unfortunately they no longer hang out in this newsgroup; Microsoft killed it
several years ago.

Newsgroups, however, are like zombies - they cannot die until all news servers
stop carrying them. However, this one has very little traffic; most of the
volunteers have gone elsewhere.

See my .sig for some hopefully more fruitful areas to explore your question;
and good luck with it.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
Microsoft's replacements for these newsgroups:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/access?tab=question&status=all
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=accessdev
and see also http://www.utteraccess.com