excel instance in VB.NET

Tomek

Hi,
My next question is about excel instance in VB.NET
I have following code:
Dim oXL As Excel.Application
Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook
Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet
Dim oRng As Excel.Range
oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Add
I have following code on form top:
Imports Microsoft.Office.Core
And I've receive following error:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in TestOnly.exe
Additional information: Old format or invalid type library.
This error appear in every line where I try to use oXL object.
I have installed excel 2000 and excell XP.
Any ideas?
Tomek

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Make sure you have the latest version of the COM interop DLL for Office, I thinks its Office 11 version 2.3

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Hi,
My next question is about excel instance in VB.NET
I have following code:
Dim oXL As Excel.Application
Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook
Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet
Dim oRng As Excel.Range
oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Add
I have following code on form top:
Imports Microsoft.Office.Core
And I've receive following error:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in TestOnly.exe
Additional information: Old format or invalid type library.
This error appear in every line where I try to use oXL object.
I have installed excel 2000 and excell XP.
Any ideas?
Tomek

Tomek

OK. I have Office 10 version 2.2
Where I can find Office 11 version 2.3? I've try to find it on MS site but I can't. Please help.
Tomek

"One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns )" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message Make sure you have the latest version of the COM interop DLL for Office, I thinks its Office 11 version 2.3

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

Hi,
My next question is about excel instance in VB.NET
I have following code:
Dim oXL As Excel.Application
Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook
Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet
Dim oRng As Excel.Range
oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Add
I have following code on form top:
Imports Microsoft.Office.Core
And I've receive following error:
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in TestOnly.exe
Additional information: Old format or invalid type library.
This error appear in every line where I try to use oXL object.
I have installed excel 2000 and excell XP.
Any ideas?
Tomek

Paul Clement

¤ Hi,
¤ My next question is about excel instance in VB.NET
¤ I have following code:
¤ Dim oXL As Excel.Application
¤ Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook
¤ Dim oSheet As Excel.Worksheet
¤ Dim oRng As Excel.Range
¤ oXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application")
¤ oWB = oXL.Workbooks.Add
¤ I have following code on form top:
¤ Imports Microsoft.Office.Core
¤ And I've receive following error:
¤ An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in TestOnly.exe
¤ Additional information: Old format or invalid type library.
¤ This error appear in every line where I try to use oXL object.
¤ I have installed excel 2000 and excell XP.
¤ Any ideas?
¤ Tomek

See the following:

BUG: "Old Format or Invalid Type Library" Error When Automating Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320369

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

One Handed Man \( OHM - Terry Burns \)

Paul seems to have hit the nail on the head with this one.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

[...]

I don't want to install Office 2003 to get these files. I want to find some package with interesting files.
"One Handed Man ( OHM - Terry Burns )" <news.microsoft.com> wrote in message Paul seems to have hit the nail on the head with this one.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

[...]

Read Paul Clements post, he seems to have found and answer for you.

--

OHM ( Terry Burns )
. . . One-Handed-Man . . .

[...]

Thanks. That was a problem.