excel help with min() fn reference

Ryan

I have a column of 14595 observations.

I need to divide the 14595 observations into 695 groups (each with 21
obs), and to create a column of 695 observation of the minimum value
from each of the 695 groups.

Using min( ) (I assume), how can I reference the associated column so
I do not have to manually type the associated rows for each group?

Thanks.

Jim Cone

With data starting in A1, use this formula in B1 and fill down...
= IF(MOD(ROW(),21)= 0,MIN(OFFSET(A1,-20,0,21,1)),"")
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Ryan"
wrote in message
I have a column of 14595 observations.

I need to divide the 14595 observations into 695 groups (each with 21
obs), and to create a column of 695 observation of the minimum value
from each of the 695 groups.

Using min( ) (I assume), how can I reference the associated column so
I do not have to manually type the associated rows for each group?
Thanks.

Lazzzx

If you want the results in the columns 1 to 695, try the folowing in,say,
B1, then copy to B2to B695.

=MIN(OFFSET($A$1;(ROW()-1)*21;0;21;1))

regards
Lazzzx