Excel Formula to add duplicate cells

Christopher

I am have some data (similar to below column A and B). I am looking to add
any numbers in Column B when Column A is a duplicate so it will look like
column D and E. I have worked on many formulas (including making another
list of A with out duplicates and using =Vllookup and =Sumif, but can not
seem to get the right number. Can someone help me? Thanks!

A B C D E
1 00 10 00 16
2 00 6 02 7
3 02 3 03 2
4 02 4
5 03 2

Jim Cone

Have you tried subtotaling the data?
(Your column A would have to be sorted).
On the Data menu, click Subtotals...
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA