EXCEL DROP DOWN

Peter Neumaier

Hi, I am on EXCEL 2003 / SP3 and wondering how to "TAB through" my
drop down list I have in a spreadsheet. For example, I do have 5 drop
down lists and in order to make selections, I would like to go i.e. to
the first one, select my input from its list and then hit the TAB
button and move to my next drop down combo box. Is this possible in
EXCEL and how ?

Thanks,
Peter

GS

Peter Neumaier wrote :
Hi, I am on EXCEL 2003 / SP3 and wondering how to "TAB through" my
drop down list I have in a spreadsheet. For example, I do have 5 drop
down lists and in order to make selections, I would like to go i.e. to
the first one, select my input from its list and then hit the TAB
button and move to my next drop down combo box. Is this possible in
EXCEL and how ?

Thanks,
Peter

Peter,
Normally, you can set 'Tab Order' if the controls are on a userform.
I'm not familiar with doing that on a spreadsheet because I use sheet
protection to control navigation flow from input cell to input cell
throughout the worksheet. (Input cells are not locked) Maybe this
concept would work for you!

Jim Cone

If you are using dropdowns from the Control toolbox (activeX controls) then you can use the KeyDown
event for each control.
You check for the tab key and move to the next control if the tab key was pressed.
If you are using dropdowns from the Forms toolbar then you are out of luck.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Peter Neumaier" <[email protected]>