Excel Charts - showing parts of a sequence

I am trying to create an Excel line chart with the X-axis being dates. Excel
insists on showing every day in the sequence along the axis, and I want to
show only the dates for which I have data. This chart covers one year and I
don't want 365 date points on the X-axis, only the 59 entries of dates of
significance. Please help~

Bernard Liengme

You have a time scale axis. To change it:
1 Right click on chart; select Chart options
2 Open the Axes tab
3 For Category X-axis, select Category rather than Automatic or Time-scale
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"How to show interrupted data sequences" <How to show interrupted data
news:[email protected]...

Gord Dibben

Your description about your data is unclear.

Is the data contiguous or non-contiguous?

Do you mean you have data only for the first 59 days of year and add to that
daily? In that case you can use a Dynamic Range formula for the series.

See Stephen Bullen's site and download FunChrt1.zip for an example of using
Dynamic Ranges.

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP