Excel Add-In Essbase

rgrice

I just had Excel 2007 installed. I use Essbase and when I load it, the menu bar
has Add-Ins and each time I use the Essbase commands (i.e. Retrieve, Flash
Back,etc), the Essbase menu disappears and I have to reclick the Add-Ins each
time to get Essbasel Menu back. How can I keep the Essbase menu from going
away?

Jim Cone

I don't know if there is an (easy) answer.

I don't have xl2007 but am giving the preview issue of xl2010 a try
and it exhibits the same behavior and is very annoying.

Maybe Ron de Bruin will read this and come up with something.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"rgrice" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I just had Excel 2007 installed. I use Essbase and when I load it, the menu bar
has Add-Ins and each time I use the Essbase commands (i.e. Retrieve, Flash
Back,etc), the Essbase menu disappears and I have to reclick the Add-Ins each
time to get Essbasel Menu back. How can I keep the Essbase menu from going
away?

Jim Cone

Actually, as I just found out, the Ribbon in xl2010 has a double click feature.

One click: The ribbon is displayed over (hiding) the top few rows of the sheet.

Double click: The sheet moves down and the ribbon is displayed above the formula bar.
Also, the ribbon now remains in place when controls are activated.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Jim Cone"