Excel 2007 Out of Memory Errors

mestes1999

I've had several users encounter the same errors when having Excel 2007 open
for an hour or two. They get errors such as 'not enough system resources to
display completely' or 'excel cannot complete this task with available
resources. Choose less data or close other'. Also, the screen seems to
'hang' up or buttons on the excel bar disappear, etc.

All these users are running new computers with 4 GB ram, dual dual-core
processors, and XP SP3 with all the latest updates.

Kathy T.

I am having the exact same problem...all upgrades from 2003. Were you able
to get any additional information on the subjetc/solve this problem? I find
nothing on the Microsoft support sites.

Kathy

Keith (Southend)G

I am having the exact same problem...all upgrades from 2003.  Were you able
to get any additional information on the subjetc/solve this problem?  Ifind
nothing on the Microsoft support sites.

Kathy

I have the same problem Office 2007 Student edition, on reblown pc XP
Pro fully patched. I just have to close excel down and start again.
Doesn't happen all the time though

Keith (Southend)

Squeaky

I have found a solution that works for me. We were having this problem where
I work. We are using office 2007, NOT an upgrade from 2003. Excel began
having random crashes and lockups, usually displaying the "out of resources"
errors. It did not matter how many files or folders were open, nor did the
size of the file matter. It was completely random.

We had installed a program called Goldmine. It is a sales tool. It installed
an add-on that attached itself to the excel startup folder in the Program
Files. Turning off the add-ins did not help. This program would start anyway
and the add-in tab would display with the link to the Goldmine program. First
I disabled my add-ins then I found the add-in link to the Goldmine program in
the Excel startup folder and deleted it. The problem went away immediately.

I suggest turning off your add-ins and see if that helps, then look for
other attached programs that may still start up.

Squeaky.

Jim Cone

Maybe...
Copying and pasting between workbooks in xl2007 can create hundreds or thousands of Styles.
Your workbooks will suffer. If you have more than 50 or so styles in xl2007 then try the
free "Formants & Styles" Excel add-in to remove them. Download from...
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (it is in the "Free" folder)
If you try it, please post your results.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

..
..
..

"Neil Breitkopf" <[email protected]>
wrote in message I read on one of the sites that the proble was Adobe.
So I removed the Add-in going to options from Excel 2007.
I found that I still having a degradation problem.
I am also using Acess 2007 which has Acrobat.
So my question is what is the solution to this problem?

mestes199 wrote:
Excel 2007 Out of Memory Errors
05-Aug-08
[...]

We have exact the same problem on differen machines 2-4GB RAM.
We have exact the same problem on differen machines 2-4GB RAM.
I found the following link with a solution.
But it does not work in my case.

Re: Excel 2007 Out of Memory Errors
At the moment it seems that this problem accurs on pc's where Office
2003 was installed.

[...]

Bruce Sinclair

Maybe...
Copying and pasting between workbooks in xl2007 can create hundreds or
thousands of Styles.
Your workbooks will suffer. If you have more than 50 or so styles in xl2007
then try the
free "Formants & Styles" Excel add-in to remove them. Download from...
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (it is in the "Free" folder)
If you try it, please post your results.

Also worth considering is the number of charts you have in the file ? A few
of these in XL 2003 often blew out the file size quickly. Not sure if this
still happens in 2007, but it might be worth checking ... just in case. :)