excel 2003 not working

LongFC

I am using Vista Home with office 2003 for past 1 year. Only Recently
whenever I try to save or close my excel file, it shown "Microsoft office
excel has stopped working". Can anyone help me? No problem with others office
program.

Jim Cone

I have never gotten that message, but some things to try are...

1. Go to the Help menu and choose "About Microsoft Excel";
Click "Disabled Items" and see what it says.

2. (Using Windows XP, I would delete everything in Start | Run | %temp%)

3. After Unchecking all add-ins in Tools | Add-ins, and with Excel closed,
delete the "Excel11.xlb" file. - you will lose all custom mods to the Menu and Toolbars.

4. Run "Detect and Repair" from the Help menu.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"LongFC"
wrote in message
I am using Vista Home with office 2003 for past 1 year. Only Recently
whenever I try to save or close my excel file, it shown "Microsoft office
excel has stopped working". Can anyone help me? No problem with others office
program.

LongFC

I have tried the step as instructed,

1. There is nothing shown;
2. I am not using Windows XP;
3. All in add-ins tool were not checked; where to find "Excel11.xlb" file to
delete?
4. Already Run "detect & Repair" few time, but not working;

Even delete & re-install the whole program, it still face same problem.