excel 2003 high cpu

We are using Excel 2003. When we are using the program, everytime we enter a
key stroke in the spreadsheet, the CPU utilization jumps up to 90%. Is there
a fix for this or a way to correct it? Thanks.

Mitch

how big is your spreadsheet? how much memory do you have on your computer?
if you open "task manager", is it excel that is at 90%? also, who many
windows do you have open? it's probably not an excel problem but a problem
with your pc's capabilities.

The excel Process is 90% high when typing in the spread sheet, other wise
it's fine. The computer has 512mb of memory and is only using 400mb. The
spreadsheet is fairly small. It seems like it's something in excel. Any
thoughts?

Jim Cone

Mitch,

Maybe a key logger? or maybe an anti-virus program scanning spreadsheets?
Unchecking "Enable Office Plug-in" in Norton can make a real difference.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"mitch" <[email protected]>