Excel Excel 2003 formatting

Reaction score
Excel 2003 functions

IF & AND
Can anybody help with this?....Maybe I have it all wrong.. I am trying to apply different end function to a problem with coombination of both positive and negative input.
Input cells H27 & H29 either can be +/- and end function depends on which is which
End functions are located in D4950 and I need to pull only one whatever the case..

'=IF((AND(((H27+H29)>0);H29>0));D49; IF(AND(H27+H29>0;H29<0);D50)); IF(AND(H27+H29<0;H29<0);D51); IF(AND(H27+H29<0;H29>0);D52)

I have left spaces for clarity of reading....

Maybe IF and AND are incompatible?
Can someone see where I have gone wrong or am I just thick.....

Regards to all, Chuck D.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Format Formulae

Back again to DMS, I have got most of the way but have problem rounding minutes to degrees in a negative situation (ie.east or South coordinates) in some of my navigation spreadsheets..

Does anyone out there know how the microsoft hh:mm:ss format actually works does anyone have the coding or formulae that is hiding behind it... I think that if I could see it I may find a solution.... I have already managed to make the 000º 00' 00" formats I have created accept negative entries and round up the 60' to 1º but still have a few hiccups mainly rounding up or down angles with one positive entry (N) and one negative(S) greater in absolute than the first end up with -25º76'24" instead of -26º36'24"

Thanks to all who look at this
frown.gif
Chuck D. !

Reaction score
Basicly the IF AND formula does work, just needed tidying up a bit.....
Ta to anybody who tried it.....

Chuck D.

Ask a Question