Excel 2003 and FoxPro tables

G

I have developed an application in C# which makes calls to Excel and Outlook (both 2003). The current database and tables at the company where I was recently hired are in foxpro, and if I'm not mistaken the version being 2.0. I created the application in the development machine, where the previous developer had foxpro 8.0 installed. When it came to testing the application worked fine. Excel didn't refuse to connect to the local or server side tables using the Microsoft Visual FoxPro driver listed using the import external data wizard. Nevertheless when I deploy to the target machine the application throws a "General ODBC error", the problem being that excel can't connect to the tables. When I try to load data (on target machine with Excel 2k3) using MS Query, and selecting again Microsoft Visual FoxPro driver I get the error "Driver does not support this function", as such I can't continue. What do I have to do? Do I have to download and install this driver? Where/How do I get/install this driver? Why is it listed in the wizard if it's not present? While doing some googling and searches in msdn I came to MDAC, does this have anything to do to solve my problem? Please help. Thank you.

G

I managed to get it to work. I installed MDAC 2.8 and Visual FoxPro ODBC driver on the target machine. The application is running smooth now.

Ask a Question