Excel 2000 Help File - What keyword

I was trying to teach some pupils how to display the formulae rather than the
answers. The method involves changing a setting in Tools > Options.

As often the case, I try to encourage the use of the help system ... but I
could not find this in the help file using any common keywords that I could
think of. Is it there? What keywords should I be using.

All I kept coming up with is hide/unhide for protected cells.

Many thanks

Martin.

Jim Cone

Keyboard...
Ctrl + ` (Ctrl + ~)

Menu...
Tools | Options | View | Formulas
Tools | Formula Auditing | Formula Auditing Mode (xl2002)
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Martin Folley"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I was trying to teach some pupils how to display the formulae rather than the
answers. The method involves changing a setting in Tools > Options.

As often the case, I try to encourage the use of the help system ... but I
could not find this in the help file using any common keywords that I could
think of. Is it there? What keywords should I be using.

All I kept coming up with is hide/unhide for protected cells.

Many thanks

Martin.

Jim Cone

Sorry, I answered the wrong question.
Excel 2000 help is very difficult to use. I can't find the subject in the
help file. It's probably there, but the designer probably thought you would
learn more if you had to read the entire help file to find something.
In Excel 97, it is under "viewing"
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

wrote in message
I was trying to teach some pupils how to display the formulae rather than the
answers. The method involves changing a setting in Tools > Options.
As often the case, I try to encourage the use of the help system ... but I
could not find this in the help file using any common keywords that I could
think of. Is it there? What keywords should I be using.
All I kept coming up with is hide/unhide for protected cells.
Many thanks
Martin.

Gord Dibben

Excel 2002 and 2003 Help responds to the keywords "show formulas"

Not sure about 2000

Moot point since Jim has provided help.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP