Excel 2 y axis

MHughes2

I have a single set of data i want to plot, I have it presented as a
precentage of a whole and as whole numbers.

I just want a single line, with 1 y-axis being percent and the other
being whole numbers.

How do I do this? Everytime I try I send up getting 2 lines.

I know how to setup a seconday axis, but i've never tried it for the
same set of data.

I am using excel 2007

Jim Skrydlak

Select the line (or point, if you're doing a scatter plot), right-click,
select "format series", and select the "Axis" tab. Then choose "second
axis". I may not have the names for the choices verbatim, but it's pretty
close.

Good luck!

Jim

MHughes2

hmm i couldn't get that to work.

i think I need to plot 2 series, 1 that corresponds to the %age axis
and one that correspondends to the whole number axis

but i only want 1 line to plot

any other ideas?

David Biddulph

Make the second series invisible. [In Format/ Data Series, make the points
and line invisible.]

Jon Peltier

Then scale the axes carefully so that the invisible and visible series
exactly coincide in the chart, or else the secondary axis will be
inaccurate.

You could also construct a custom fake axis using an XY series, as described
here:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

You don't need to muck around with secondary axes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

--
David Biddulph

hmm i couldn't get that to work.

i think I need to plot 2 series, 1 that corresponds to the %age axis
and one that correspondends to the whole number axis

but i only want 1 line to plot

any other ideas?

MHughes2

awesome info everyone... doing the second axis was a peice of cake!

Thanks!

Peltier Technical Services, Inc. -http://PeltierTech.com
_______