ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable using RAM is not working

Mark

Hi Slobadon

Thanks for your note on switching NGs.

I'm using EWFMGR version 2.00.087.0

I decided to try starting from scratch to see if I could replicate
..... and I did?

Cleaned Harddrive with DOS DISKPART and formated.

Loaded XPe freash from TD and booted thru FBA cleanly

Ran EWFMGR C: -enable

Reboot

Checked to make sure EWF was enabled then did the Commitanddisable

reboot

Checked EWFMGR and its still enbaled?

Thanks for your thoughts

M.

Slobodan Brcin (eMVP) Oct 15, 2:19 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded.techpreview
From: "Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:19:02 +0200
Subject: Re: ewfmgr c: -commitanddisable using RAM is not working?
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Show original | Delete

Hi Mark,

Is this XPe SP2? If not please give us more info about your EWF
version in windowsxp.embedded NG.

Regards,
Slobodan

PS:
CurrentControlSet is virtual entry that is usually shortcut to
ControlSet001

Slobodan Brcin \(eMVP\)

Hi Mark,

EWFMgr is just a tool not a driver.

Check QFE version of Enhanced Write Filter component and let us know.
BTW: Is this XPe SP1?

When you say Harddrive, is this IDE HDD, or some other type?

Regards,
Slobodan

KM

Mark,
Loaded XPe freash from TD and booted thru FBA cleanly

How do you know that? Did you check \windows\FBALog.txt?
If not, please do.
Ran EWFMGR C: -enable

Reboot

Checked to make sure EWF was enabled then did the Commitanddisable

Did you see any errors from the tool?

You did not say anothing about your EWF configuration. Is it registry based RAM EWF? Otherwise, why would you only try
commitanddisable command.

Following some info from the thread below.. By any chance do you have EWF Config partition on your HDD? You can check that with
diskpart.

What do you have in your image? Minlogon or Winlogon?
If it is Minlogon and you use stateless RAM EWF, how do you do the system reboot? It would be important since your registry change
has to get flushed.

KM

Mark

This is an SP1 Build and have applied all the latest QFE's using
Winlog and RAM for EWF

Thanks for the quick replies KM and Slobodon.

I rechecked the end of the FBA Log and found that EFW was trying to
create a partion on the HD and it failed. oops

Then Checked TD and noticed I had disabled the Enhanced Write Filter
API - Hotfix Q818822 component but had enabled the Enhanced Write
Filter - Hotfix Q823025 component. Disable it, rebuilt, and all works
fine.

You guys are great!

:)