Event Viewer

After demoting a domain controller to member server and removing DNS the
various logs such file replication service, directory services, DNS server
still appear in the event view. Why is this and how cna I remove them. Also
I had an application that ran of of a SQLbase engine. I removed the
application but the sevice still exists in services. How can i remove the
service.

Jason Tan

Hello,

I recommend that you refer to article KB242768 to remove the DNS orphaned
registry entry and refer to KB290991 to remove SQL server registry entry.

242768 Uninstalling the DNS Service Does Not Remove the DNS Snap-in from the
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=242768

290991 How to manually remove SQL Server 2000 default, named, or virtual
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290991

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tan