Event Sink tutorial not quite working

G

Not sure where to post this Q

I am trying to write a Managed Exchange Server Event Sink (as a class library) in C#

I have been following this tutorial step-by-step

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/CsManagedEventSinksHooks.as

So far so good....except when it comes down to binding the component to the folder on the Exchange Store. When I do...I get the following error

Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved

New Event Binding created
Event: onsave;ondelet
Sink: MyEventSink.ExchEventSin
FullBindingUrl: file://./backofficestorage/buyersfund.com/mbx/tom/FaxFailure/re
Event.em

Error Updating Props : -2147221163 Interface not registere

Press any key to continue . .

any help would be great

G

I got the Event Sink working with C# and Exchange Server 2000

The tutorial at this link

http://www.codeproject.com/csharp/CsManagedEventSinksHooks.as

is very very good......................but it does have some flaws

1) You do NOT need to run RegEvent.vbs AT ALL......ignore this suggestion in the tutorial. Instead, download and install the SDK Tools and run Exchange Explorer instead to register the Event and hook it into the EventSink code

2) I recommend using regsvcs /appname:YourAppName <full path to your DLL including extension> from the command line, instead of using the Component Services GUI to register the COM DLL. I have to do some further testing to see if the GUI works...but I know for sure the command line route using REGSVCS works well

3) After you have registered the COM DLL (your event sink) in Component Services......then go and register the Exchange Store Event using Exchange Explorer. THEN go back to Component Services....right-click on your App Name and click on START. This is what actually starts the EventSink (your C# DLL) talking to the Exchange Store. Until you do this nothing will happen. This was left out of the tutorial. A small thing, but an important thing to mention.

Ask a Question