Eudora to Outlook Conversion

G

Hi,
We are trying converting to Outlook2003 from Eudora 5.1. We have a process in place to run the conversions but have some questions;
1. Why is it that you cannot import directly from Eudora to OL2003? When we try this we get a import error msg saying the mailbox is not available or may be in use by another program.
2. When migrating from Eudora to OLE then into Outlook2003 (the current process we are using) we lose the dates and attachments. Is there a fix for this???
3. Why after we run the current import procedure we get all sorts of HTML tags in msg's?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
teg
(e-mail address removed)

R

Rich Cervenka

Hi,
We are trying converting to Outlook2003 from Eudora 5.1. We have a process in place to run the conversions but have some questions;
1. Why is it that you cannot import directly from Eudora to OL2003? When we try this we get a import error msg saying the mailbox is not available or may be in use by another program.

I thought that *was* an option, even though it did not work properly
(as per your next question).
2. When migrating from Eudora to OLE then into Outlook2003 (the current process we are using) we lose the dates and attachments. Is there a fix for this???

Try *exporting* the messages from Outlook Express into Outlook instead
of importing them from Outlook Express into Outlook. This MAY work
better but I'm not sure.
3. Why after we run the current import procedure we get all sorts of HTML tags in msg's?

Because Eudora doesn't handle HTML properly. That's why I switched
from Eudora to Outlook.
--
Rich Cervenka
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Email Client: Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003
News Client (Text): Forté Agent 1.93 www.forteinc.com
News Client (Binaries): News Rover 9.0 www.newsrover.com

Ask a Question