Esc Key

G

Is there a way to block the ESC key from working? My students think it is funny to reach over to another student's keyboard and hit ESC to clear out the form, test, they are currently working on.

RIP

S

Steve Schapel

RIP,

What is your usual method of dealing with students' destructive behaviour?

C

Cheryl Fischer

Ripper,

I think you should apply the same penalty that would apply should a student
reach over and rip up another student's exam paper. That having been said,
there is code at:

http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0016.htm

that you can modify to look for the ASCII code for ESC (which I think is
27). You would have to have this code behind each form.

--

Cheryl Fischer, MVP Microsoft Access

Ripper said:
Is there a way to block the ESC key from working? My students think it is
funny to reach over to another student's keyboard and hit ESC to clear out
the form, test, they are currently working on.

G

THe problem with the punishment is when you have a student accuse another student it comes down to word vs word. There are students I believe over others, the good ones are easy to spot. If I actually see the action happen, The student will receive a 0 for his/her test grade and I call home. I teach Junior High, most kids are still afraid of punishment at this stage.
If I don't see the action happen, the student who had the unfortunate "accident" will remain at the station and the blamed student will sit next to me for the rest of the week. It is unfortunate that the kiddos do not respect other kids computers and their privacy which is why I will have each kid sign an honor code next year to alleviate some of these problems

Thanks for the help on the coding, it works great

RIP

Ask a Question