Error with Crystal Reports? Help

Russ

I have a page that uses crystal reports to generate reports from a SQl
server database. As of a week ago everything was working fine, but now I am
all of the sudden getting errors. To the best of my knowledge nothing was
changed on the server.

Here is the error:

Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\WEBSERVER\ASPNET\Local
Settings\Temp\temp_57908cf8-dba0-4327-b785-95de5cf6e523.rpt: Invalid export
DLL or export format.

Exception Details:
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InvalidArgumentException: Error in
File C:\DOCUME~1\PLUTO\ASPNET\Local
Settings\Temp\temp_57908cf8-dba0-4327-b785-95de5cf6e523.rpt: Invalid export
DLL or export format.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidArgumentException: Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\PLUTO\ASPNET\Local
Settings\Temp\temp_57908cf8-dba0-4327-b785-95de5cf6e523.rpt:
Invalid export DLL or export format.]
.F(String  , EngineExceptionErrorID
) +406
.A(Int16 , Int32 ) +537

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.internalSetExportOptions
(ExportOptions exportOptions) +3403

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestCont
ext reqContext) +262
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export() +107
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export() +67
Bonds_Reports.WebForm1.convertToPDF() +215
Bonds_Reports.WebForm1.ddlSort_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +135
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
+108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.Ra
isePostDataChangedEvent() +26
System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +115

Russ

Perhaps someone can see a flaw in my code for exporting the files to pdf:

private void convertToPDF()
{

CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions DiskOpts = new
CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptions();
sqlSelectCommand1.Parameters["@date1"].Value =
DateTime.Parse(TextBox1.Text);
sqlSelectCommand1.Parameters["@date2"].Value =
DateTime.Parse(TextBox2.Text);
BondExpiration oRpt = new BondExpiration();
oRpt.SetDataSource(dsBondExpiration1);
oRpt.ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType =
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportDestinationType.DiskFile;
oRpt.ExportOptions.ExportFormatType =
CrystalDecisions.Shared.ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat;
string FilePath = Server.MapPath(@".\Report\") + "BondExpiration.pdf";
DiskOpts.DiskFileName = FilePath;
oRpt.ExportOptions.DestinationOptions = DiskOpts;
oRpt.Export();
CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = oRpt;
CrystalReportViewer1.Visible = true;
CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind();
}

Like I said, it used to work on my production server and still works on my
development machine. The only major difference between the 2 machines is
the production server is running Window 2000 Server and production is
Windows XP Pro.

Russ said:
[...]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- --
----
Version:1.1.4

Does anyone understand what might be happening?

A.Hadi

Hi
http://support.crystaldecisions.com/library/kbase/articles/c2007034.asp

Russ said:
[...]

Madan Nayak

Hi...

Pl. make sure the cystal report for .Net is installed on your production
server.

Which model have you used in your crystal report? Push or pull???

Do you have the same database name in bothe developement and production
server...

Are you deleteing the temp files generated after each export?...

pl. try that....

Russ said:
I have a page that uses crystal reports to generate reports from a SQl
server database. As of a week ago everything was working fine, but
now I
am
all of the sudden getting errors. To the best of my knowledge nothing was
changed on the server.

Here is the error:

Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\WEBSERVER\ASPNET\Local
Settings\Temp\temp_57908cf8-dba0-4327-b785-95de5cf6e523.rpt: Invalid export
DLL or export format.

Exception Details:
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InvalidArgumentException: Error in
File C:\DOCUME~1\PLUTO\ASPNET\Local
Settings\Temp\temp_57908cf8-dba0-4327-b785-95de5cf6e523.rpt: Invalid export
DLL or export format.

Source Error:

current
web
request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
exception
can

Stack Trace: