Error when sending mail (0x80040201)

G

Can anyone suggest a reason why Outlook 2003 would have the subject error when sending mail? Every time I send a message (I'm an internet only mail client) the status bar shows "sending message 1 of 2" and then the error. The message I intended to send DOES go out, but the error keeps showing up. I've deleted every bad nickname I could find in my nickname cache

Apparently outlook is storing another message for resending because it had a problem, but it's not in the outbox. Any clues to where that message might be found

By the way, is there a tool (like the one for OL 97,98,2000) that allows the user to edit the contents of the nickname cache?

G

I have the same problem - any resolution
----- Alan Lindsey wrote: ----

Can anyone suggest a reason why Outlook 2003 would have the subject error when sending mail? Every time I send a message (I'm an internet only mail client) the status bar shows "sending message 1 of 2" and then the error. The message I intended to send DOES go out, but the error keeps showing up. I've deleted every bad nickname I could find in my nickname cache

Apparently outlook is storing another message for resending because it had a problem, but it's not in the outbox. Any clues to where that message might be found

By the way, is there a tool (like the one for OL 97,98,2000) that allows the user to edit the contents of the nickname cache?

G

I also have the same problem, it started after I responded to an old Outlook Calendar invitation by accident and the person/email that invited wasn't existing anymore. Now the Error comes up everytime I'm sending an email !

- Ray

G

Hey

I had the same problem. I solved the problem by moving all my emails to my .pst folder and closing it. Afterwards i added it again and the error was gone. Try it out

/jakob

G

Hey guys
I had the same error message. My outlook would recieve, but wouldn't send
anything except the "test settings". What I had to do was export my personal
folders to a backup.pst. Then rename that backup.pst to outlook.pst. Then I
deleted my outlook accounts (be sure you know all of your settings
[passwords, pop servers, security setting, etc...]) IMPORTANT!!!: DON'T OPEN
OUTLOOK TO DELETE YOUR ACCOUNTS! Use Control panel, mail. Then copy and
paste the backup file (that you renamed outlook.pst) to your applications
data, microsoft, outlook folder (replacing the old outlook.pst). Backup the
old outlook.pst if you like. Now reopen outlook and reload your email
accounts. Voilla... no more sending error!!

Ask a Question