Error when downloading e-mail without information in subject line

G

I have been getting this error "Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 519 octets follow" - Only happens when the download reaches an - email with nothing in the subject line. What does it mean and can it be fixed. Thanks to all -

Al

B

Brian Tillman

AG @ ABD said:
I have been getting this error "Receiving' reported error
(0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If
this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet
service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 519 octets follow"
- Only happens when the download reaches an - email with nothing in
the subject line. What does it mean and can it be fixed. Thanks to
all -

It means that the mail server and client are getting confused because of the
ill-formed message on your server. If your ISP has a web-based method for
accessing your mail, use it to delete the message. If not, www.web2mail.com
mail be able to help. Finally, you can mimic a POP client with command line
commands and delete the message that way, but it's not trivial.

G

Brian - Thank you for your help. I used to do what you said as far as deleting the bad messages off the web server but with all the junk e-mail comming in to the box it used to take over an hour a day to go through my morning e-mail. I did some research on this board and discovered my problem was with Norton scanning all my incomming e-mails. I turned off this function in Norton and now I no longer lose the connection and do not get the error message anymore.

Ask a Question